Engineering Technical Specialist
Compensation: $103,170.00 - $157,670.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NYSE: AEIS), headquartered?in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, enables design breakthroughs and drives growth for leading semiconductor and industrial customers. Our precision power and control technologies, along with our applications know-how, inspire close partnerships and innovation in thin-film and industrial manufacturing. We are proud of our rich heritage, award-winning technologies, and we value the talents and contributions of all Advanced Energy's employees worldwide.
Advanced Energy is currently seeking an Engineering Technical Specialist to join our RF Engineering team.
As the Engineering Technical Specialist, this role will perform a wide variety of complex technical tasks to assist design engineering with applied research, design, development, testing, manufacturing, and documentation of products or systems. Developing skills in research techniques to analyze and validate design or theory concepts.
- Assist Development Engineers in diagnosing issues with design, field performance, reliability and test yields of products and recommend/implement corrective actions to address.
- Responsible to support Engineering efforts in the design and analysis of systems, products, and subsystems/circuits to specification, cost, budget, schedule, and quality goals.
- Follows key engineering procedures including the Product Development Process and ECO process.
- May provide coaching and mentoring of junior technicians.
- Responsible to support Engineering efforts related to various programs or projects and the corresponding administrative documentation and paperwork.
- Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Takes a leadership role in driving Continuous Improvement Projects to elevate product performance in manufacturing.
- Implements manufacturing-industry best known methods in support of Continuous Improvement Projects to increase efficiency and effectivity of production. Analyzes work content for distribution to work centers and capacity requirements.
- Recommends and prepares changes, additions, and modifications which will facilitate manufacturing.
- Performs an integral role on Product Design teams to drive designs that meet all cost and quality goals. Reviews product requirements with design staff to ensure compatibility of processing methods.
- Supports Design for Manufacturability analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical associate degree (AAS), or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical engineering.
- Ability to follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be obtained.
- Ability to learn and use professional concepts appropriate to engineering, including mathematical and analytical methods, computer aided analysis and design tools, diagnostic instruments and test equipment, lab skills appropriate to design, selecting appropriate components and materials for designs.
- Ability to function within environment where detailed instructions on routine work and new projects or assignments are received.
- Ability to solve more complex technical problems with minimal assistance.
- Good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- This position will be located at our Fort Collins, CO office.
Associated topics: adapter, bsee, design, diagram, dsp, electrical, image processing, plc, renewable, schema
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...