Compensation: $162,550.00 - $162,550.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
American Management Association (www.amanet.org) is a world leader in talent development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success. AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of products and services, including classroom and virtual seminars, webcasts, webinars, podcasts, conferences, corporate and government solutions, and research.
AMA is looking for a Conference and Events Sales Associateto assist in securing future event/conference business for AMA s New York Executive Conference Center. The Conference and Events Sales Associate will maintain and/or exceed sales targets defined by management, and provide daily oversight of all client events to ensure the successful execution for client.
- Initiate contact with prospective clients to promote the sales of AMA s Executive Conference Center Services.
- Receive, respond to, and convert meetings, events, and group inquiries in order to grow revenue.
- Present available and most suitable event space options to the highest possible standard for AMA clients in order to build long-term relationships and increase client retention.
- Communicate with prospective client meeting planners via email, telephone, and provide in-person site inspection tours.
- Negotiate space, dates, and rates to maintain sales goals.
- Writes business proposals and contracts pertaining to the sale/rental of AMA's conference center services.
- Assist in identifying clients to fill low activity periods thus improving overall occupancy levels.
- Attend appropriate profession industry events, trade shows, and networking events to increase brand awareness, market and promote conference services, develop new leads, and obtain new clients.
- Plan all events in conjunction with the client.
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events (from initial inquiries and proposals through the completion of the billing process).
- Oversee the preparation, delivery, and professional presentation of all food & beverage activities for all client meetings including menu development if required by client.
- Encourage repeat business through excellent customer service and client inquiry responsiveness.
- Assists Center Management Team in overall Sales and Marketing efforts and strategy which include all marketing & promotional channels (campaigns, digital, e-blasts, social media, expo/trade shows)
- Assist in maintaining the center function diary (AMA system) and planning of the weekly meeting activity and staffing requirements for all events.
- Actively manage business bookings, record non-bookings, make network referrals and assist in the creation of business reports to provide management with comprehensive sales analysis.
- Assist center management in the oversight of all client event logistics which include:
- Pre-Meeting External Client Booking Confirmations from RRM to clients in order to update final booking requirements for all External Client Meetings.
- Send out Post Meeting Booking Confirmations to all clients reflecting any on-site event changes which would result in adjusted charges to client invoices.
- Manage the external billing process by making final adjustments to client booking records in RRM and electronically submit to accounting for invoicing.
- Encourages, through personal example, the image and professional integrity expected of all personnel in contact with AMA customers, clients, vendors, and guests.
- Other related duties.
- BA/BS degree - business/marketing degree or hospitality management degree or background preferred.
- At least 2 years hospitality/event direct sales experience.
- Strong verbal and written skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be multitask-oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet ever-changing deadlines is a must.
An EEO/AA Employer, M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans - An ADA compliance organization
Associated topics: financial advisor, financial product, financial service, merchant service, mortgage, payment, risk management, securities, security, stock broker
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...