We are looking for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant. You will work directly with senior executives and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. Liaise with management and staff regarding a wide range of ongoing matters. Monitor, progress and ensure all actions and administration are co-ordinated in preparation for meetings in line with deadlines. You will also establish & maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and their PAs to ensure positive interactions at all times.
What will you be doing?
* Scheduling appointments without reference and using judgment to prioritize meeting requests from both internal and external people.
* Review emails daily and ensure the Directors respond where necessary; edit calendar according to incoming email traffic.
* Arrange complex travel, liaising with internal and external contacts for all bookings and meetings and arranging all required Visa and passports; ensuring detailed itineraries are prepared along with briefing packs.
* Processing expenses and arranging payment for invoices.
* Maintaining full records of correspondence and business dealings for future reference and the maintenance of filing/archiving which may include confidential/sensitive information.
* Transcribe from dictation, correspondence, reports or other material, which is frequently highly sensitive or confidential.
* Maintaining departmental records, e.g. employee contact details and email distribution lists
* Support on ad hoc projects as required
What we're looking for:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
* 3 years' experience working as an Executive Assistant in a Financial Services or highly regulated environment.
* 1 years of MS Office/computer skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Proficient in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel and comfortable using online tools.
* Ability to work quickly and accurately and remain calm under pressure.
* Able to take ownership of tasks and projects seeing them through to completion.
* Organizational and multi-tasking skills - ability to prioritize and effectively manage a large volume of requests.
* Be resilient, highly organized and able to cope in fast-paced environment, being both flexible and able to work across a range of issues.
* Have excellent interpersonal skills and is a team player.
* Experience and impeccable discretion and judgment in handling highly confidential information
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you'll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.