DaVita is kicking off the search for Registered Nurses in west and southwest Indianapolis (Avon and Plainfield), to join our first Dialysis Regional Training of 2020!
* Must have a Registered Nurse license in the state of IN
* Requires at least 1 year of clinical Registered Nurse experience
* On-Site Panel Interviews are 1/13/2020 - 1/17/2020
* Regional Training starts 2/17/2020 (9-12 weeks of in-dept, hands-on training in hemodialysis)
Expectations of Working at DaVita
* Long term patient relationships. Build meaningful relationship with patients and their family in an intimate outpatient setting.
* A team that feels and functions like a family. Staff RNs are a central part of a small interdisciplinary team of clinicians.
* Fun is one of our core values. Happier nurses = healthier patients.
* Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities which require unique treatment plans.
* Fast paced. Our RNs oversee a group of patients (census dependent on state laws) with the support of PCTs to conduct patient observations, measuring stats and machine set up.
* Schedule. Shifts are typically 10-12 hours, 3-4 days per week. Schedule times will vary by locations but most of our RNs work early morning or days shifts. Some holidays required.
* Clinical leader: DaVita has the highest percentage of facilities meeting or exceeding CMS's standards in the government's two key performance programs.
DaVita Provides Support & Growth
* Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime: DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
* Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
* 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you: Explore other dialysis modalities like acute 1:1 care, home therapies, skilled nursing, and pediatric care.
* Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and elder care and so much more
Chronic Dialysis Registered Nurse Job Functions
Supervises and performs direct patient care including but not limited to taking and monitoring vital signs, initiation and termination of dialysis, documentation, physical assessment of patients and patient treatments, taking and transcription of physician's orders, drawing and documentation of ordered laboratory work
* Notes signs of trauma, patients' general physical and mental condition, reviews dialysis orders, documents observations in patient medical records
* Analyzes patient assessments, laboratory data and, when concerns are noted, brings issues to the attention of the physician
* Communicates all emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to supervisor, Medical Director, Regional Operations Director, Facility or Group Facility Administrator
* Assesses patient and family learning readiness and provides appropriate information on renal disease, prescribed dialysis treatment, and medical regimen and its impact on the patient's state of health and wellbeing
* Provides dialysis therapy, including but not limited to formulating dialysis plan per physician orders, weight and rate of ultrafiltration, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, discontinuing dialysis according to established procedure, documenting all activity appropriately
* Instructs patients on pre- and post-dialysis care
* Administers patient quality care in a considerate, respectful manner
* Participates in the development and implementation of the patient's short and long term plan of care and monthly progress note
* Is a resource for new RNs
* Provides unsupervised patient care
* Supervises day-to-day work of Patient Care Technicians
* Demonstrates the ability to transfer skill set to other clinics and works at other clinics when required
* Meets qualification for Charge Nurse; CQI program and outcome management
Questions about this position or location? Click here to schedule a time to speak with the Clinical Recruiter
9210 Rockville RoadSte D, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46234-2670, United States of America
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, ccu, hospice, nurse, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, tcu, unit