Drama Kids Teacher
Employment Type: Part-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
Life’s Too Short to Not Work Someplace AWESOME!
Join a Program that Changes Lives!
Drama Kids is looking for PART-TIME, caring, fun, and motivated people who are passionate about developing children to join our growing team.
Our teachers believe in what they do and that they can affect positive change every day.
Their energy and enthusiasm encourages kids to become the best communicators they can be! Our goal is to develop kids and enable them to strive and thrive as the 21st century unfolds.
Drama Kids is a Creative Drama & Literacy Enrichment Program where kids “Act Up” with a purpose! We work with our students’ imagination and creativity to develop literacy skills, public speaking, leadership/teamwork and acting abilities, while building their confidence, essential life skills learned in a fun and professional atmosphere.
As a member of our great team you will:
- Work 3-8 hours per week in the afternoon and early evening
- Teach and mentor students from 4 to 17 years of age
- Teach summer camp
- Follow provided world-renowned lesson plans on speech, movement & acting
- Direct plays
- Build relationships with parents and students
- Deliver presentations
- Foster relationships with local schools
- Attend training and monthly staff meetings
- Have potential to do additional administrative and marketing work/projects for our location
We are looking for people that:
- Have a heart for kids!
- Are looking for a very part-time and fun opportunity
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Have HIGH ENERGY and flexibility
- Have afternoons available
- Have reliable transportation
- Are willing to commute to various schools and locations in Tucson, Marana and Oro Valley (geographic area description)
- Are willing and able to commit for one school year
- Theater and teaching experience a plus, but not required
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- We care about you!
- Where else can you get paid to jump up and down, make funny faces, pretend to be a caterpillar or an alien, etc.?
- We love kids, and kids and their parents love us!
- You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of children – helping them develop communication, creativity, collaboration, and other skills that will help them succeed in life.
- Great compensation: $20 per class taught.
- You get to be part of a super fun team with a great boss!
- Flexible schedule.
- Pride – you will be a part of the largest drama-related organization in the world!
- Excellent and thorough training provided.
- You will enjoy the pride of being able to witness the fruits of your labor as you see ALL students perform in front of family and friends
Loading some great jobs for you...