It's Time For A Change Your Future Evolves Here Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans. Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018 . Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of Becker's 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the 50 Great Places to Work in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you're looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don't just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You'll Be Working With:
Risk adjustment, STARS and Quality (RASQ) Performance metrics are essential for a health plan to maintain and improve in healthcare. The RASQ Platform team at Evolent Health provides industry-leading solutions for clients in Medicare Advantage, Next Generation ACOs, ACA Exchanges, and Medicaid. If you want a part of solving one of the most interesting quantitative challenges in healthcare today, like we do, then the RASQ Platforms team is the place for you. What You'll Do:
The Software Engineer will be working with a highly-motivated team of engineers, business analysts and data scientists to develop and maintain healthcare platform capabilities.
- Oversees product architecture, Mongo databases, and cloud services
- Leads updates to existing codebases required for initial implementation
- Pioneers future enhancements to continually improve product, including front-end, back-end, and infrastructure enhancements
- Work in an agile, collaborate environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our customers
- Create highly-scalable applications running on cloud services (AWS, Azure) with high degree of performance, security and stability
- Work with relational and non-relational databases (SQL Server, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows), and familiar with modern frameworks including MEAN stack (Node.js, Mongoose, jQuery, HTML, CSS) The Experience You'll Need (Required):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field, or equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years experience, preferably full-stack experience developing in NodeJs, ExpressJS, MongoDB, Python, UI/UX JS frameworks such as JQuery, AngularJS and Mongoose.
- Experience developing robust schemas in relational and non-relational databases including experience with writing standard ETL processes
- Experience working on GitHub, BitBucket or similar versioning tools
- Experience in writing unit-tests and implementing automated builds using solutions such as Maven, Jenkins
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, adapt to change, work well under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment, meet deadlines, and manage a project from start to finish Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Experience working with healthcare datasets including claims, encounters, eligibility, Risk Adjustment and Quality/HEDIS measures Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Associated topics: data architect, data integration, data manager, data warehousing, database, etl, hbase, mongo database administrator, sql, sybase