Fairway Market wants to ensure that all of our customers are receiving the best shopping experience each time they walk into our store. The Kitchen Prep is an integral part of the Fairway Market experience As a Kitchen Prep, you will be providing exceptional customer service while handling, preparing, serving and replenishing a wide variety of freshly made, high-quality dishes and recipes. The Kitchen Prep works to proactively engage in G.R.E.A.T customer service and the following are role and responsibilities of the Kitchen Prep position:
* Slice, package, wrap, weigh, price and label items for retail sale. * Wash, clean, peel, cut, dice, shred, slice and utilize other knife skills prepare food products for production * Measure and assemble ingredients and cook items according to recipes and menu specifications * Cook, grill, deep fry, bake, and broil food for hot bar and maintain food production * Maintain proper temperature and humidity levels within coolers and/or freezers on a regular basis * Properly store, label and date all product * Properly prepare orders that are to be submitted in a timely manner * Ensure product availability, quality and freshness by proper rotation of product and ingredients * Operate relevant equipment and kitchen utensils in a safe and productive manner * Build visually attractive displays, replenish and garnish trays and the back bar, rotate and replenish stock as needed, and maintain accurate department signage and pricing. * Maintain proper stock levels temperature levels. * Check and maintain temperature levels within coolers and display case on a regular basis and maintain temperature logs. * Properly receive orders of products, assuring freshness, quality standards, and superior quality is met. * Unload deliveries into the walk-in box and pack out products on to the retail floor. * Ensure product availability, quality and freshness by proper rotation, pack-out and replenishment of products on shelves and in deli cases to help maximize profitability and minimize shrink. * Observe safe and sanitary food handling practices at all times including, but not limited to, proper hand washing, use of food handler gloves, hair restraints, storing product in appropriate areas, etc. Maintain daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
* Proactively engage customers, promote product and sales, build customer relationships, and provide G.R.E.A.T. customer service that encourage customer loyalty and add value to the Fairway brand. * Work collaboratively with fellow employees and managers and recognize teamwork and diversity throughout the store to resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner. * Maintain a strong time and attendance record to ensure the smooth flow of departmental operations. * Maintain a clean and safe work environment by practicing high standards of food and human safety and sanitation techniques provided by Fairway work rules and policies and Health Department Regulations. * Conform to Fairway's uniform policy and maintain a professional appearance at work. * Adhere to all department-related and company-related work rules and policies while upholding Fairway's core values of integrity, respect and excellence. * Perform miscellaneous roles assigned by management that would help the team on an as-needed basis. * Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning. Supply feedback to help improve operations.
Requirements Candidates who apply for the Kitchen Prep position must possess the following skills:
* Good working knowledge of food quality, hygiene and sanitation, and food preparation. * Ability to properly operate all Kitchen department equipment such as knives, slicers, ovens, stoves, fryers, grills, braises, steamers, and blast chillers. * Must have basic math skills for making recipe conversions. * Strong Customer Service skills and ability to interact with other people and participate actively in department and staff meetings. * Strong teamwork and diversity awareness and ability to recognize and welcome differences among people and resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner. * Organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize requests and department activities. * Problem-solving skills to effectively assist customers in a wide range of different transactions. * Meet physical demands required for the position. * Effective communication skills and ability to read, write and comprehend English * Availability to work weekends, holidays, and other prime times of the business. * Must be at least 18 years of age to work in the department
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
* Continuous interaction with customers and coworkers in a fast-paced work environment * Exposure to various food allergens throughout the store * Frequent motions such as standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, lifting, reaching and constant arm movements * Lifting up to 50lbs. and pushing and pulling carts up to 250lbs. * Standing and walking for 4-6 hours at a time without a break. * Temperature changes including working in cold environments (38-41 degrees Fahrenheit)
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Copyright ? 1940-2014 Fairway Market Site Index
Associated topics: cocinera de la parrilla, cocinero de produccion, commercial, commercial kitchen, cutter, lunch, meat cutter, prep cook, sandwich, stove
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.