Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Midtown convenience. Classic hospitality. Complete comfort. A celebrated past. It all comes together at the Park Central New York Hotel located squarely amidst New York s most popular sights and hotels in Midtown Manhattan. Our mix of exciting amenities pay homage to our glamorous past, while presenting a modern spin on the hotel s electrifying environment. Guests will delight in escaping the hectic city life to bask in the stylish Park Central New York.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotel by supplying management with guidance and training. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements for the property: cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Highgate Hotels established guidelines. Monitors and controls Hotel s cash flow and operating forecast.
- Creates annual budgets and monthly variance analysis. Investigates and critiques variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Ensure hotels compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels financial objectives.
- Complies with Standard Accounting policies and procedures and internal controls for finance and accounting operations
- Timely reviews and approval of all balance sheet accounts, including monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Successful completion of all internal and external financial audits, including coordination of work with CPA firms and delivering information requested by auditors on a timely basis.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Maintain compliance with Highgate Hotels standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Directs or prepares all financial reports in accordance with Highgate Hotels requirements, meeting various due dates and deadlines.
- Report responsibility - Weekly: A/R & A/P Aging, Flash Reports, Payroll Reports, Revenue Updates
- Report responsibility - Monthly: Financial Statements, Forecasting KeyStatistics Report, Cash Flow
- Report responsibility - Annual: Budgets, 5-Year Plans, 5-Year Capital Plans
- Timely interacts with Executive Committee members to assure that property operations are on track and under control at all times.
- Monitor hotels compliance in meeting required report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Monitor the accurate production of the hotel daily operating report.
- Executes other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
A minimum of 6 years of related progressive experience in hotel Accounting or related field; or a 4-year college degree with an Accounting/ Finance concentration and a minimum of 2 years of related progressive experience; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 4 years of related progressive experience.
Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing and in the operation of all hotel-specific systems.
Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
Perform other duties as requested by management.
Loading some great jobs for you...