Compensation: $144,310.00 - $144,310.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
Loading some great jobs for you...
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The Manhattan at Times Square is a convenient hotel with best Times Square location directly on Seventh Avenue in the heart of Midtown. This comfortable hotel is walking distance to the best Manhattan has to offer and is only steps from Broadway theaters, Times Square, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall and much more. The Manhattan at Times Square has 659 oversized guestrooms. For guests seeking an upgraded experience, the hotel has unveiled their Executive Class accommodations; located on the 18th floor, these brand-new guestrooms feature ultra-modern amenities, plush bedding and marble baths.
The Senior Human Resources Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Human Resources with a variety of Human Resources functions. He/she is also responsible for filling all hourly positions in a timely manner, accurate and timely completion of paperwork, the understanding and enforcement of company policies, and assisting with benefits and workmen s compensation duties.
- Administer insurance benefits, calculate billing totals, explain benefits, assist with completion of enrollment forms, and answer questions.
- Compile review list and distribute to departments.
- Compile Turnover Report, copy and distribute.
- Enter payroll information on computer (wage information, changes).
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment logbook.
- Maintain new hire, termination, transfer and promotion logbook.
- Audit hours worked in payroll reports for eligibility of benefits.
- Compile wage surveys.
- Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
- Monitor Workman s Compensation claims, complete First Report of Injury and Employers Report of Industrial Injury.
- Answer questions regarding 401K Plan, vacation and benefits (insured and noninsured).
- Maintain complimentary room night log, process employee requests.
- Prepare and place recruitment advertising.
- Process paperwork for terminating employees.
- Maintain advertising logbook.
- Become certified trainer in all Human Resources training modules.
- Ensure compliance with all HR and related Loss Prevention SOP s.
- Participate in Highgate Hotel Enrichment Committee.
- Schedule Highgate Hotel Orientation.
- Assist in Highgate Hotel Orientation explain benefits, conduct tour of property.
- Write articles and take pictures for property newsletter.
- Assist with special projects; plan employee events (meetings, picnics, parties).
- Coordinate Travel Reduction Program, write Travel Reduction Plan, conduct yearly transportation survey.
- Maintain First Aid log.
- At least 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a hotel or a related industry required.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work Exerting up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Associated topics: associate director, director, guide, head, lead, leader, monitor, president, senior associate, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...