Compensation: $48,520.00 - $81,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
Loading some great jobs for you...
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Park Lane New York is a luxury 46-story hotel with panoramic views of legendary Central Park and the iconic New York City skyline. Located steps from Fifth Avenue shopping, Broadway theaters, Museum Mile, Carnegie Hall, Radio City Music Hall and Lincoln Center, the hotel boasts a prestigious Manhattan address and offers grand European style amidst many upscale amenities. The hotel features 628 guestrooms with oversized picture windows of Central Park plus onsite amenities.
Catering and Conference Service Manager is responsible for soliciting new catering accounts, servicing pop up groups, small meetings, rooms only bookings
while sustaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and /or exceed revenue goals. He/she should have strong knowledge of corporate group,
socials and weddings and understand the importance of prospecting in creating new sales opportunities for the Hotel. He/she is also responsible to
coordinate and service client functions to ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining profitable operations and high quality products
and service levels. Candidates must be comfortable in problem solving with client relationships and event management.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Respond to all Catering / Room inquires received immediately.
- Follow up on all turnovers within 24 hours via telephone or email.
- Know meeting room setups and capabilities.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Manage existing accounts and follow up with client re-solicitation to capture future business.
- Interact with outside planners, vendors for event setup.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments within the hotel; guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audio visual, accounting, engineering.
- Manage the function diary/calendar and adjust space as needed in order to ensure maximum potential revenue.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for clients.
- Services rooms only, pop up and small groups.
- Answers questions and address concerns; follows through to resolution
- Confirms and verifies space/room requirements, times, menus, pricing, forms of payment.
- Conduct hotel site inspections.
- Attend all scheduled training sessions and meetings as required
- Plan and execute holiday or special events in conjunction with the Director of Sales.
- Use feedback from client evaluations to improve service and quality.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program schedule.
- At least 4 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2 year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4 year college degree and at least 2 year of related experience.
- Prior experience in a catering / conference services preferred. Luxury hotel experience highly desirable.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, excellent attention to detail, meet deadlines and provide excellent customer service.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be service oriented and capable of communicating effectively with persons involved in all levels of authority, both internally and externally.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Prior working knowledge of property management systems preferred. Opera & Delphi.
- Must be flexible in scheduling, some weekends/evenings will be required.
- Medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and / or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift Carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees or guests.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in the M.O.D. coverage program as required.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, Which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Associated topics: customer care manager, expertise, gerente de servicio, guide, lead, monitor, operations manager, review, service manager, telephone
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...