Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
About the Company
Ashenberg Law Group, P.C. provides a full complement of services and solutions to its clients including real estate, commercial transaction, tax, and immigration. We are dedicated to providing outstanding client service and working diligently to secure the best outcomes. Known for our integrity and honesty, we protect the rights and interests of our clients, regardless of the complexities involved. Providing customized, innovative and creative solutions, our team of trusted and respected attorneys and advisors has a wide range of expertise in real estate and commercial transactions.
We provide advice and guidance to leading Chinese inbound investors in the US real estate sector, including asset and loan monitoring across all property types. As their trusted advisor, we are working directly with and under the direction of our clients senior executive management team.
Position: Vice President of Asset Management
The Vice President of Asset Management is responsible for the overall monitoring of our US-inbound clients portfolio of debt and debt-like investments in a diverse array of prominent commercial real estate and infrastructure developments across the U.S. Using strong credit and relationship management skills, the Vice President performs regular reviews of loan and project information, maintains strong relationships with our clients general partners, and collaborates with other team members to ensure that the needs of the clients are met. The Vice President will oversee and direct the analysis of borrower, loan, and real estate information to ensure loan- and project-related goals and metrics are met, and potential issues are identified in advance.
This role is responsible for providing and presenting regular verbal and written updates on the portfolio and individual investments to senior leadership internally as well as to our clients executive management.
The Vice President oversees and directs the work of the team s analyst.
The Vice President of Asset Management reports to our Chief Loan Officer.
Location: New York, NY
- Manage on-going debt and real estate related activities
- Work with clients general partners to monitor development progress, including timing, scope, budget and implementation of business plans, as well as loan repayment
- Correspond with clients general partners for updates on any property-level concerns, including construction status, lease up and overall performance
- Read and understand loan documents and monitor clients loan portfolio for compliance and early identification of potential problems
- Monitor loan specific events and triggers
- Track relevant economic and real estate trends nationally and at the individual market-level to identify emerging credit issues
- Perform portfolio and individual loan/project risk analysis and ensure that all loans are properly risk rated
- Prepare loan and project monitoring reports to review overall asset quality, including performance against original underwriting expectations
- Conduct site visits of clients projects, as necessary
- Perform collateral analysis and valuation
- Direct third-party advisors, including attorneys and accountants
- Oversee and direct work of team s analyst
- Support new project originations process, as needed
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as required
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience in commercial real estate, including asset and/or development management experience; experience in finance, loan or workout a plus
- Thorough understanding of market risks, macro/micro-economic issues applicable to commercial real estate and lending
- Strong academic background and undergraduate degree in business, finance, real estate or similar major from top tier university; MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail to effectively prioritize; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong sense of personal motivation, accountability, entrepreneurship, and dedication to continuous improvement
- Inquisitive by nature with high level of intellectual curiosity
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience in effectively communicating with clients, general partners, advisors, appraisers, legal and risk management professionals
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with contacts and clients
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate and develop team members
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel (including financial modeling)
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin is strongly preferred
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Loading some great jobs for you...