- New York Botanical GArden
- $103,910.00 -178,030.00/year*
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
10451 N Big Creek Rd
The Assistant Educator is a temporary part-time position responsible for assisting with the development, logistics, and facilitation of school programs at the Edible Academy.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
* Collaborate with Garden Educators and Program Coordinators to develop the content and collateral for single and multi-visit programs investigating a variety of garden-based topics at the Edible Academy, including health and wellness, sustainable building technologies and practices, culinary arts, and the cycles and interactions of garden plants and animals.
* Collaborate with Garden Educators and Program Coordinators to develop strategies to promote student and teacher engagement and learning.
* Assist Garden Educators to prepare the Edible Academy campus for school programs, including activity stations in the gardens and classrooms.
* Assist Garden Educators with facilitation of school programs at the Edible Academy, including garden based activities and classroom based activities.
* Collaborate with Garden Educators and Program Coordinators to assess program efficacy and maintain review and reflection protocols to record program successes and challenges.
* Tuesday - Friday, 9 AM - 2 PM
* Experience in garden-based education and/or teaching experience with an interest in gardening.
* Excellent communication and organizational abilities.
* Ability to work in a collaborative setting.
* Dedicated and committed to enriching the experiences of the participants, students and teachers, in our programs.
EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...