Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Construction Risk Management Analyst will support the company s risk management programs for construction and development operations. This role will collaborate with development teams, brokers and underwriters, safety and claim personnel to identify exposures to loss and develop state-of-the art risk management techniques to eliminate or minimize the impact of such loss on the company s assets and operations. This position will report to the Construction Risk Manager and will be based in our New York office.
- Placement and maintenance of insurance including collecting, compiling and analyzing underwriting and claims data
- Maintain program documentation for Controlled Insurance Programs
- Prepare analysis of brokers marketing efforts and multiple quotations
- Maintain named insured and additional insured schedules for all policies
- Develop detailed policy summaries for dissemination to lenders, tenants, and other third parties
- Review and analyze insurance documentation provided by contractors, joint venture partners and others for compliance with applicable agreements and/or adequacy
- Contract review as necessary or requested by management including reviewing leases, construction contracts and other contracts to ensure insurance provisions adequately protect the Company s interest
- Maintain system of tracking detailed policy information for all policies and all years
- Oversee upstream and downstream certificates of insurance including document tracking
- Handle claim administration including coordinating with claim personnel to generate loss history and claim summary reports as required for underwriting purposes
- Assist in the coding, processing and dissemination of invoices to business units and verify timely payment
- Perform premium allocations for shared/blanket policies
- Prepare insurance cost projections and quarterly updates for proposed development projects and coordinate insurer audits for end of term premium adjustments
- Day-to-day troubleshooting and additional ad hoc requests as needed
- Undergraduate degree required
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within risk management, brokerage, underwriting or claims management.
- Good understanding of mechanics of Controlled Insurance programs, Builders Risk, Pollution and Professional Liability coverages
- Construction Risk Insurance Specialist (CRIS), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), and Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designations preferred
- Ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly
- Takes ownership for decisions and is accountable for actions regardless of the outcome
- Superior organizational skills
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine s list 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Loading some great jobs for you...