Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
This leadership position within the Information Technology department will be responsible for strategic management and delivery of all end user technology services for New York and other northeast (Boston, Portland) offices. The role will have direct management responsibility for the IT services, support for about 1,000 colleagues and for their satisfaction. This individual will function in a collaborative and cross functional role with local office management, Senior Departmental managers, Practice Group Heads and individual lawyers.
The Manager of IT Services supports and improves critical business processes by directing the administration, development, enhancement, and maintenance of all end user facing services. This position determines current and future user support and training requirements, formulates plans, estimates costs, and ensures projects meet strategic needs. This position manages multiple teams comprised of IT support staff, subject matter experts with different levels and areas of expertise and is responsible for mentoring, recruiting, and retaining staff.
- Direct the overall activities of User Services in all northeast offices of firm. Provide leadership, direction, coaching regarding planning, staffing, standards, processes, and procedures.
- Develop and monitor progress on User Services performance metrics and objectives. Identify and promote implementation of improvements to existing metrics and objectives.
- Apply broader, seamless vision to all support processes and projects.
- Propose solutions, build consensus, and promote recommendations.
- Recommend proactive courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness.
- Required to respond to off hours' calls and emergencies, as needed.
- Moderate travel.
- Monitor Global Service Desk activity and track and rectify common reasons northeast colleagues use the Service Desk to proactively address opportunities for improving services and minimizing requests.
Other User Services
- Ensure appropriate utilization of support knowledge base and actively support its development.
- Assist in development of and review for effectiveness IT end-user communications.
- Ensure appropriate communication and liaison between the Technology Support staff and Information Technology Escalation teams.
- Implement and manage the life-cycle of user-facing technology hardware: personal computers, printers, scanners, and handheld devices.
- Contribute to the evaluation and selection of new hardware with input from IT infrastructure and applications teams, as appropriate.
- Develop and manage orders for user-facing technology hardware.
- Work with IT Directors and other Managers on all strategic initiatives.
- Develop expert knowledge of Sidley s ITIL policies and procedures and ensure adherence to them locally.
- Provide input to annual IT services and support budget; monitor actual to budget spend.
- Participate actively in project initiatives and other initiatives, as requested.
- Maintain high level of current awareness of new technologies and technology trends associated with legal applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email ...@sidley.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 12 years of experience with user support and technology training, with at least 7 years of experience in IT management roles.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Law firm experience
- Formal project management training and/or demonstrated project management experience
- Master s degree
Other Skills and Abilities:
- The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...