Public Relations Manager
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
This position can be located in our NY or Chicago office.
Reporting to the Director of Public Relations, the Senior Public Relations Manager will be responsible for the delivery, management and execution of high-impact public relations activities that support the firm s global strategy. S/He will play a leading role in various activities including the supervision of Sidley PR agency partners in executing media relations actions, serving as project manager on multiple initiatives simultaneously, drafting communications materials for external and internal audiences and educating internal stakeholders on PR best practices. The Senior Public Relations Manager must be a self-starter, exceptional writer, critical thinker and team player with strong communication, organizational and management skills.
- Develops and implements public relations activities that are consistent with the firm s global strategy, organizational needs and business goals
- Leverages understanding of the legal landscape and the firm s strategic priorities to influence and drive media relations efforts
- Serves as the lead day-to-day contact and provides direction to multiple external PR agencies on strategy and tactical media outreach
- Crafts and distills complex messages to create written materials including press releases, pitches and messaging documents that are error free and appropriate for the intended audience
- Assesses risks associated with media interaction and proactively proposes effective courses of action
- Evaluates media opportunities for potential conflicts in order to minimize risk to the firm, secures approvals for lawyers to participate in media activity and guides lawyers in skilled media participation
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with Sidley leadership, other lawyers and key stakeholders within the marketing department and the broader firm to establish themselves as a trusted resource on best practices related to PR/media engagement
- Proactively identifies opportunities for the firm to earn positive media coverage by developing original story/pitch ideas and actively participating in pitching and securing media opportunities
- Serves as a connector across practices and regions, finding opportunities for lawyers to engage with the media and with each other
- Proactively shares pre-emptive solutions and effectively manages expectations with key stakeholders, addressing problems when they arise
- Counsels Sidley partners in preparation for media interviews, providing guidance that demonstrates PR best practices for message development
- Provides leadership to others on the PR team, as needed, and works collaboratively across functions and departments
- Independently researches, identifies and secures opportunities for lawyers to be positioned as thought leaders with the media and with publishing byline articles
- Leads by example in supporting firm and department management initiatives
- Contributes thoughtful insight and counsel in strategy and planning discussions, and is able to drive the implementation of same throughout the PR team
- Other duties, as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email ...@sidley.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in Communication, English, Journalism or Public Relations
- A minimum of 10 years of Public Relations experience
- Extensive writing, organizational and project management experience
- Experience managing others and leading teams
- Prior Law firm experience
- Prior PR agency experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Associated topics: account executive, communication, graphic, marketing coordinator, public, public relations manager, sales, sales marketing, social media, sponsored
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...