Compensation: $39,570.00 - $62,650.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Reports directly to the F&B Manager and fully responsible for the service of the restaurant outlet. To assist in all other outlets within the department whenever needed, i.e. room service and special events. To provide outstanding guest services and to motivate the Food & Beverage team to achieve budget and exceed guest expectations.
MAIN DUTIES TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- To act as a role model for the Food & Beverage team, particularly in guest contact skills and personal presentation
- To maintain a constant and active presence on the floor and to both support and direct the service team
- To assist the F&B Manager in recruiting and retaining high caliber employees for the department
- To ensure effective departmental communication takes place through pre-service meetings, one-on-one coaching
- To prepare weekly departmental payroll
- To execute a weekly departmental schedule
- To prepare a monthly summary for the restaurant department to include sales figures, personnel and training updates, and new ideas
- To consistently and thoroughly execute all daily reporting, opening and closing paperwork, and health department checklists
- To ensure all allergies procedures are followed at all times
- Minimum of 2 years of F&B management experience in a luxury hotel or fine dining restaurant in NYC
- Exceptional organization and administrative skills
- Friendly demeanour
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Must have or be able to obtain a NYC food handler s license
- TIPS certified a plus, but not a requirement
- Proficient skills in Microsoft office and able to build spreadsheets, etc.
- Must understand point of sale systems such as Micros
- Must be open to working AM/ PM shifts, week days, weekends and holidays
- Paid vacation, sick and personal days
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Commuter benefits
- Holiday staff parties and staff appreciation events
- In house uniform dry cleaning services
- Employee meals while on duty
More detail about The Whitby Hotel, please visit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...